Wednesday, August 29, 2012

THE ENCHANTED FOREST

I entered a photo contest. I think everyone in the WORLD is invited to enter, so I'm not keeping my hopes up. Actually, I don't know where the high res versions of these are so it might be a slight problem if I got into the show because how would I print them? 

Anyway, these are from a series called "Into the Enchanted Forest." 




This is the blurb I wrote about it:

This was an amusement park I visited as a little child. On a recent trip to my home state of RI I visited the now abandoned park. There was nothing left but a shell of its former glory but creeping though the park brought back strange memories. Everything was overgrown and dark. I went back twice. Once while it was raining with a small point-and-shoot camera and the next day, better prepared, with my SLR camera. I'm attracted to abandoned spaces because they are filled with memories and experiences from the past. When I find little rusted objects, walk over caved in floors, or step through overgrown paths to nowhere I in some strange way feel at home. 

Yeah, I always overdo it on these things with the blurbs. But I do get some thrill from going into these places. I really do love the history involved. I think that's why I like writing about history and why I like collecting antiques. It's all part of the same thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment