Thursday, July 5, 2012

YELLOW MONSTER TRUCK TRANS AM


If you have followed the Fireside Chat you may recall the yellow hotrod with the monstertruck tires. This vehicle can always be spotted on Kingsland Ave. between Nassau and Norman. I don't think the owner drives it anywhere. He just moves it from one side of the street to the other to avoid a ticket because of alternate side parking. 


Here's a nice Christmas photo of the beauty...

I often see onlookers taking photos of it with their camera phones. I can't help but do this myself. And often. It's a lure. I chuckle every time I see this Monster Truck TransAm.

One day, I saw something new. It seems that an alarm system wasn't enough for the owner of the Monster Truck TransAm. It seems that the owner had to chain the car to a nearby pole:



Everyday the owner would move the car he now had to find a pole to chain the car to. Week after week. "How hard is this to find a pole to chain the car to?" I thought.  I watched the situation closely... and with fascination. The chain was always there and well positioned. Could someone cut through it in the dead of night? Would anyone bother? I mean, how far would a thief get driving a yellow monster truck car down the road that was reported stolen? 

After about three months or so it seems that the owner gave up on chaining the car to various poles. Perhaps he realized that this tactic was a bit overkill. 

I wonder what will happen next with the Monster Truck TransAm? Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment